Vegetarian Burgers

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Halfpint 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Someone told me about this company called “Beyond Meat” which uses plants to make synthetic meat, and I’m really super impressed!  I tried one of their products called “Beyond Burger”, and it looks and tastes just like I remember beef burgers being, but it has no meat at all!  And they even have it with the same texture, I honestly wouldn’t have known I’m not eating a beef burger if I wasn’t already aware, and they use beet juice to even make it red and “bleed”.

If you’re not eating meat but miss things like hamburgers, I totally recommend this, it’s amazing!

(No I’m not at all involved with this company, I’m just ecstatic lol!)

Attachments:
    1 member liked this post:

That looks tasty! I am not a vegetarian, but do like many vegatarian foods. I have looked and found it is available in the UK, and Tesco supermarkets do have it listed, but the stores do vary their products. When I next go I will have a look. Thank you Mamie.

I’ve actually tried one of those about a month ago without even knowing it until now!  It was very good!

https://www.beyondmeat.com/whats-new/view/carls-jr-goes-beyond-the-beyond-famous-star-now-on-menu

I knew it was a plant-based patty, but I didn’t realize it was made of something I could buy at the grocery store.  I might just have to get a couple of them to put in the freezer for future burger cravings.

Every once in a while, I would get a vegetarian dish…just because.  I’ve had Smashburgers made with black bean patties which are pretty good as well.

Not too long ago, hubby and I went to a really nice steak house in Pueblo which served some gluten-free and vegan dishes.  The Avocado Chocolate Pudding sounded interesting to me, and it was delicious!

I’d like to try one myself! They do look tasty.

No GMO? No Soy?

I would give this a go. I hate soy products with a vengence, they really are not good for the planet or our bodies but this sounds much better.. I havent seen them here yet but I will keep a look out thanks for the tip.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat such a burger, but – again – they do look tasty and I’d definitely try one!

I do feel that vegetarian food has improved over the years. I write this because my brother is a vegetarian and eats very well. It isn’t just quorn anymore: vegetables and flavours have all advanced. Plus, even meat eaters eat lots of veg these days.

An interesting thread!

Oh yes, I do feel vegetarian food has really come such a long way.  I love what science is doing, making things more accessible to everyone.  I had another one of these last night for dinner, they’re so tasty!

I am a vegetarian and oppose consuming murdered animals. I am happy to see alternatives like this being developed

I am not a vegetarian and I have tried these and I have to say I am really impressed with the taste. I have had other veggie burgers and they were awful and this brand was quite tasty.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!