Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Health & Diet » weight loss supplements

weight loss supplements

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Do you take any, especially with the intent to loose weight? What are the ones that work for you?

No, I don’t use weight loss supplements. I understand the concept, obviously, but I am not sure if they actually help a person lose weight. I know weight loss pills are very popular, but I am not exactly sure how they work. There are some scientists who say they do not work. There is a big debate about them, I think. I won’t be taking them, though: no matter the claims. It’s best to just eat sensibly. Pills can’t solve everything.

In the past, I tried several weight loss supplements that claimed to suppress your appetite. I tried the fairly cheap supplements that you buy in drug stores.

I can’t say that I had any lasting results with any of the supplements. I [strong]think[/strong] some of the ones that are supposed to make you feel full have fiber in them. So now, if I’m trying to eat less, I take a teaspoon of fiber powder to help me feel full. That works as well as any pill. I just have to be careful not to take more than the recommended daily amount of that stuff.

I just cut back on carbs, it works fine.

I lost lots a few years ago, and carb control has kept me this size for over 10 years.

That’s great about keeping the weight off for ten years. I may try a low carb diet. I’m really unmotivated, but your ten years of success is something to think about. Maybe I can learn from your experience.

I remember the good times after it had gone.

Like when I bend over I no longer go ooooooooooof.

Or after a brief jog, like across the road to avoid traffic, I no longer puff and pant.

Dresses fit me. 🙂

Dresses fit you? I’m jealous… but not jealous enough to stick to my diet. Maybe one day!

Dresses fit me was the last on my list of benefits. It is the loss of all that fat, that I enjoy the most. 😉

I noticed the other benefits you listed, but dresses fitting was my favorite part. I know the goal is supposed to be getting healthy, but my main goal is usually getting thinner. I’m working on changing that mindset though.

MSW

It’s definitely not an easy feat.

I have struggled for years and my weight fluctuates all the time.

One minute I’m thin and athletic looking (can’t say how I do it is the healthiest either) and the next I’m a giant water buffalo-like beach whale (where I am currently, on the spectrum)..

I see all these health focused women out there and am so inspired everytime.. but.. what ends up happening? The same vicious cycle.

Sigh… #foreveralone

I’ve been thin, but I can’t say I’ve ever been athletic looking. It’s just so hard for me to stick to eating right and exercising. My weight has fluctuated my entire adult life.

I don’t understand why it’s such a challenge to eat healthier meals and exercise for twenty or thirty minutes a day. I keep trying. One day, it’s going to stick, and I [strong]will [/strong]be athletic looking.

Weight can be very hard to Control. And some people are naturally thin and others naturally big. Unless you’re eating several takeaways a day and drinking beer by the gallon you’re just your natural size. Loads of women are size 16. Short term Magazine diets never work and never will. It’s boring, but fruit, veg and exercise is the solution: not pills and meal supplements.

Weight can be very hard to Control. And some people are naturally thin and others naturally big. Unless you’re eating several takeaways a day and drinking beer by the gallon you’re just your natural size. Loads of women are size 16. Short term Magazine diets never work and never will. It’s boring, but fruit, veg and exercise is the solution: not pills and meal supplements.

….and minimise the carbs.

I used to think that slimming pills don’t work, and a lot of them don’t as their extract is often not pure/of a suitable strength. I tried raspberry ketones by a brand called nutrition slimming and they are really good – I lost almost 2 stones last year..I dont take them anymore but have managed to keep my weight off (was a size 16, down to a size 10)! I am now able to do more exercise etc whereas before I felt huge and couldn’t move around too much for too long.

That must feel good to exercise again and what a success to go from 16 to 10. I think a lot of struggle to loose just one dress size!

How did you hear about Raspberry ketones by a brand called nutrition, Laura?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!