weight loss supplements

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Health & Diet weight loss supplements

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  eSchaad1 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Hi Kiwi, thx 🙂 I found them on google shopping n then looked them up on their website

Exercises are the best to lose weight.

Exercise is a great way to lose weight. Plus, it gets you toned and muscly. Diet-wise, I stick to avoiding takeaways and alcohol. I also stick to light yogurts, fruit and just not eating the calories. I eat breakfast, a light lunch and a homemade dinner each night. I treat myself to the odd square of chocolate. I do have a weakness for crisps, but I only have 1 bag once a week. I just don’t buy the biscuits, ice cream and cake. I’m NOT saying you do, but it pays to be aware, which you realize. I would say diet pills DO help, but losing weight means taking other steps. I suppose I take a distant view of it and just don’t often eat comfort food.

Does anyone have experience with intermittent fasting? How was it?

Hi girls. I too am an advocate for low carbs. Very little breads and white vegs. Also I’ve been a runner since school.

You’re very sensible, Rhonda333. It does pay to watch what you’re eating and just not eat the calories. I just cannot eat ice cream: I’d be the size of a house after a week. However, crisps are my weakness. BUT I do only eat 1 or 2 bags a fortnight. I have a weakness for chocolate, as you know. But I don’t worry too much about chocolate.

No: making healthy food choices and not relying on diet pills and meal replacements is what I do.

Does anyone have experience with intermittent fasting? How was it?

It works, and it works well. You can even have soup on the fasting days, but avoid soups with carbs. An ideal choice would be oxtail, or chicken.

Don’t you just put the weight back on when you start eating again?

My weakness Kitty is Cinzano and gin. I love it but it is high calorie and I must limit my consumption.  In fact I was drinking that cocktail when I first posted on female forum.

I have to agree with Rhonda333: the problem with fasting is that the weight comes back on again – and then some – after normal eating is resumed. And when you’re fasting, you feel hungry, sick, tired and just very ill. I would not advise someone take that route to lose weight. Now, I am not judge and jury, but that is what I think.

1 member liked this post:

Don’t you just put the weight back on when you start eating again? My weakness Kitty is Cinzano and gin. I love it but it is high calorie and I must limit my consumption. In fact I was drinking that cocktail when I first posted on female forum.

Ah, what you are doing wrong is confusing a diet, with a reducing diet.

A reducing diet is when you are intent on losing weight, and so you intend and need to eat less than you burn.

A diet is what, and how, you eat on a regular plan.

If you put weight on after losing it, it is because you are on an increasing diet.

I stand corrected, thank you cherry. I probably should be on a reducing diet, but I’m pretty comfortable in a size 14 dress being a pretty good size girl.

Hi everyone..thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have an underactive thyroid which makes weight loss very difficult if not impossible seeming.  Well meaning people always suggest that I just eat right and exercise but even though I keep active and eat a very healthy diet, the weight has been stubborn! There are two things that have helped me the most – one is that I started doing some acupuncture and taking Chinese herbs. There is an herb by Plum Flower Brand called Golden Tea Pills, which helped me lose ten pounds when nothing else was working.  The other has been balancing my hormones.  I also have heard about and just started trying an AMPK activator supplement because I guess it encourages your cells to stop storing fat and start burning it for energy.    Hope this helps! Thanks for sharing your stories too!

Oh..by the way, I’ve also read that Low Dose Naltrexone can assist with weight loss by helping the immune system, as well as HCG injections… I think a doctor has to prescribe these so it would just depend on the reason that the body is holding on to weight, but if it has to do with an immune function thing, or hormone imbalance, these might be something worth looking into to at least see if they would be appropriate.   Good luck!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!