weird holidays thread

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat weird holidays thread

This topic contains 71 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccajpanda 11 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

I would have a “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory” day.

A day where everyone gets to eat their sweets without worrying about rotting their teeth! Children would LOVE such a day. And it’d be a great day to celebrate Roald Dahl.

A true legend.

Cow Milked While Flying In An Airplane Day

• I looked up the history on this one, and it was pretty funny. Go, Nellie Jay! (The cow.)

I’m going to name it Land on Mars Day, at least for 2021. So cool!

1 member liked this post:

I would have a “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory” day.

A day where everyone gets to eat their sweets without worrying about rotting their teeth! Children would LOVE such a day. And it’d be a great day to celebrate Roald Dahl.

A true legend.

That used to be Christmas day when I was little 🙂

2 users liked this post:

today while I was eating breakfast they were showing an upcoming roald dahl movie about his daughter.

and it has lord grantham in it. if I didn’t want to see it before, I do now fab actor

National Chocolate Mint Day

National Tartar Sauce Day

Day of Remembrance

National Caregivers Day
    (3rd Fri)

International Tug-of-War Day

National Lash Day

National Vet Girls RISE Day

Friday Fish Fry Day new icon

Bruce Wayne’s Birthday

National Airboat Day new icon

Photoshop’s Birthday

Coast Guard Reserves Birthday

International Day Against Homophobia in Football

International MRKH Awareness Day

National Boston Terrier Day

Copernicus Day

International Jewish Day of Constructive Conflict

National Women’s Heart Day
    (3rd Fri)

Best Friends Day

Confession Day

Iwo Jima Day

Temporary Insanity Day

Prevent Plagiarism Day

Shabbat Zachor

Care Day (UK)
    (3rd Fri)

National Longevity Day (UK)

National I Read Canadian Day

Chaoflux (Discordianism)

Narconon Day (Scientology)
    list end

I can celebrate Tartar Sauce Day when I have fish for supper tonight. Always add tartar sauce! 🙂

And I suggest reading L.M. Montgomery, Valerie Comer, Robert Munsch, or Hanna Sandvig for I Read Canadian Day. 😀

I’m going to name it Land on Mars Day, at least for 2021. So cool!

I often dream of people living on Mars. Perhaps one-day it’ll be a second earth. There are many people – and NASA – looking into the possibility. It won’t be in this century, though: our lifetime. But it is a wonderful dream.

I’d love to go in to space. I think it would be fun

issue 1: they’ve not made it happen yet

issue 2: I probbaly won’t be able to aford it.

plus: I’ve always wondered about space.. what do they eat. what do they do for entertainment

Love Your Pet Day

National Cherry Pie Day

World Pangolin Day
    (3rd Sat)

World Day of Social Justice

National Handcuff Day

International LEGO Classicism Day

National Comfy Day new icon

Toothpick Day

National Student Volunteer Day

Clean Out Your Bookcases Day

Missing Day

National Whistleblower Reward Day

Kurt Cobain Day

International PechaKucha Day

Rih Day

International Pipe Smoking Day

Ectodermal Dysplasias Awareness Day

National Day of Solidarity with Muslim, Arab & South Asian Immigrants

Clean Out Your Bookcases Day – But I just can’t part with the books I’ve collected and haven’t yet read! 😉 Actually, I do try to “cull” them now and then to leave room for the next ones that will appeal to me, but it’s a tough job!

International Pipe Smoking Day – Interestingly, I’ve always found pipe smoke smells better than anything else. My dad didn’t smoke a pipe often when I was young (since he was stuck on cigarettes for about 50 years), but I think he had the pipe for looks! Still, tobacco is nasty stuff. When we read older stories that include pipe smoking (including Tolkien and C.S. Lewis) we substitute. At first it was “he looked up at the stars,” and then somehow it got to cracking nuts (maybe because the character was indoors, and I’d been eating more nuts at the time). So now I usually read the pipe smoking as “he cracked walnuts.” Silly, but amusing for my audience of children, and far better for the health of the character! 🙂

Clean Out Your Bookcases Day – But I just can’t part with the books I’ve collected and haven’t yet read!  Actually, I do try to “cull” them now and then to leave room for the next ones that will appeal to me, but it’s a tough job!

Something that has really caught on here are mini library’s people put a little cabinet outside their door and you are invited to take a book or replace a book its all free and it allows you to pass on the one time reads you have and get hold of something new at the same time.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  cassandra.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  cassandra.
    Attachments:

Clean Out Your Bookcases Day – But I just can’t part with the books I’ve collected and haven’t yet read! Actually, I do try to “cull” them now and then to leave room for the next ones that will appeal to me, but it’s a tough job!

Something that has really caught on here are mini library’s people put a little cabinet outside their door and you are invited to take a book or replace a book its all free and it allows you to pass on the one time reads you have and get hold of something new at the same time.

what a neat idea!. I like that. never heard of it before

World Whale Day
    (3rd Sun)

National Biscuits & Gravy Day

National Muffin Day

National Sticky Bun Day

International Mother Language Day

International Tourist Guide Day

Single Tasking Day

National Grain-Free Day

Hockey Day In America
    (3rd Sun)

Card Reading Day

Breakup Day

Ben Appreciation Day

Language Movement Day (Bangladesh)

National Pillow On Head Day

Feralia

Mental Health Nurses Day (UK)
    list end

Clean Out Your Bookcases Day – But I just can’t part with the books I’ve collected and haven’t yet read!  Actually, I do try to “cull” them now and then to leave room for the next ones that will appeal to me, but it’s a tough job!

As emily91 has said: what a neat idea! I’d never heard of doing so myself. I think it is something for people to seriously consider doing: especially when lockdown is over. A sort of upcycling, isn’t it? Perhaps we should spread the idea? [Or word?]

Clean Out Your Bookcases Day – But I just can’t part with the books I’ve collected and haven’t yet read! Actually, I do try to “cull” them now and then to leave room for the next ones that will appeal to me, but it’s a tough job!

As emily91 has said: what a neat idea! I’d never heard of doing so myself. I think it is something for people to seriously consider doing: especially when lockdown is over. A sort of upcycling, isn’t it? Perhaps we should spread the idea? [Or word?]

It is recycling and freecycling there are no fees involved and its  eco friendly. There are about 4 or 5 of these local to me , theres also a bio bike.. Like a trycycle with a big box on the front people leave things they have grown in the garden and have too much of.. Last year someone left a load of apples in there and they all vanished in one go, only to be replaced a day later by several jars of apple sauce. Someone had made them into sauce kept some for themselves and put the rest back in the bike box for others..

I love these kinds of community projects.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  cassandra.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!