Home » Topics » General Discussion » Just for Fun » What Are You Listening To?

What Are You Listening To?

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 597 total)
  • Author

So many good U2 songs on The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can’t Leave Behind, and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Probably more, but those are the albums that jumped out at me when looking at their discography just now.

I listened to Zach Williams earlier. 🙂

Duran Duran

I was listening to Dido while writing a newsy email to family a couple nights ago. There’s something about her singing and style of music that is really pleasant, even when the lyrics tell a sad story.

Some of my favourite songs are “White Flag,” “Life for Rent,” “This Land is Mine,” “Sand in my Shoes,” “Thank You,” and “Take my Hand.” I have three of her CDs, and should check if there are more – for my Amazon wishlist that’s just about music…

I like Dido too!

I love Dido myself: “Life For Rent” is a brilliant album.

I listened to a Madonna album on YouTube this morning. I shall be playing “Dreams” sung by The Corrs on YouTube shortly.

I LOVE YouTube: I can’t get enough.

Im trying to find a slightly upbeat but nice love song ( not too slow or slushy)  that I can use as a backing track  for a slide show for my anniversary. The nr 1 hits at the time were dreadful…

Ive thought of this

or

what do you think or have you any other suggestions

My favourite retro artist is Terence Trent D’Arby. A great guy and musician the world will never forget.

Being the daughter of Nat King Cole, Natalie Cole was awesome. I love her vocals on the “Pretty Woman” soundtrack song “Wild Women Do”. Do check it out on YouTube, cassandra! It is a fun, upbeat song that doesn’t disappoint.

Have private messaged you back as promised KitKatKitty.

[quote quote=223294]Im trying to find a slightly upbeat but nice love song ( not too slow or slushy)  that I can use as a backing track  for a slide show for my anniversary.  The nr 1 hits at the time were dreadful…[/quote]Boy, that is a hard nut to crack!  I had to actually look pretty hard for these.  I won’t take offense if you don’t think they’re a good fit.  🙂

Huey Lewis and the News – Stuck with You

Madonna – True Blue

James Taylor – How Sweet It Is

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by TestDummyCO.

All good suggestions for the slideshow!

I went through the Bridges CD from Josh Groban while catching up on posts here, and now my music player (VLC) has moved on to Closer, which is my other favourite CD from him. “You Raise Me Up” was the first song I knew of his, still love it. So many other great songs, too. I’m hoping to collect the lyrics for each CD I have and learn the Italian and Spanish ones, so I know exactly what he’s singing with so much passion/sadness/joy, etc. Even being unaware, I enjoy the songs!

I’m listening to Evanescence on YouTube. 🙂

Rebecca,  I love Evanescence!

yep: amy’s fantastic!. bring me to life is my favorite

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 597 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!