What are your biggest questions around experiencing more joy in your life??

Female Forum Forums Getting Started Introductions What are your biggest questions around experiencing more joy in your life??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KitKatKitty KitKatKitty 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone!

I’m excited to be a new member here…I’d love to get to know you and how I can support you as I’m in the midst of creating an e-course: “Don’t Postpone Joy: Learn 33 Powerful Lessons to Experience More Joy Today & Everyday” for busy, stressed women who feel their lives are moving to fast to really enjoy them to the fullest.

What questions do you have about how to slow down and create more joy and aliveness in your life?

I’d love to hear, thanks!

welcome BarbaraMichel- I’d love to get to know you too. Best way is for you to jump in and answer some of these posts. As far as your post, I’m sure you will get a big response. Lots of troubled women here. I’m just not one of them (anymore).

1 member liked this post:

Is this what is known as pre-spam?

Hi barbara, I think if you lead a busy hectic life every woman needs to put some time aside each day and sit in a quiet place and just turn off mentally to reassess what you have achieved and what you want to achieve in life. That would do for a start.

Thanks Rhonda! I appreciate your response. Glad to hear you’re not troubled.

There are actually many high functioning, relatively happy women I know who still feel the frustration of having too much to do with not enough time, including to pause and be more present and move more slowly or consciously through their day.

I’d love to hear from women who feel they’re moving too fast and would love to slow down and be more present to the joy and gifts that are already in their lives.

I agree Mikki,

Yet I’m curious how many women actually set this time aside each day to sit in a quiet place and reflect on their life? I think it’s challenging for many woman, especially those in the helping professions or caretaking roles to give to themselves – they give alot to others and may not always be good at self-care or giving themselves the gifts of time and space – what do you think?

Hi yes I agree, you see more women in care jobs than men and they are overworked but know their patients rely on them. This again is added stress so they should set aside some time to review their life and hopefully move forward with new vigour.

I have found that music de-stresses me and really calms me down. I listen to music every day and it calms noise and anxiety in my mind. Music is very therapeutic I have found. I have tried sitting down in a silent room to deal with stress but can’t switch off. However, when I lie down – whether in the evening or middle of the day – I fall asleep quickly. I don’t know why, but I’ve seldom had a problem sleeping. But sitting in a silent room still does not work for me. I would probably fall asleep, though. I suppose that is relaxing but it isn’t always appropriate. Especially if I were in the office at that particular time.

A great post.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!