What Are Your Talents?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Work & Careers What Are Your Talents?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mikki 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Mine is writing. I am good at writing poetry and short stories. I have a passion for English Literature. I LOVE reading books, too.

What are YOUR talents?*

*I don’t mean what other people tell you you’re good at, but what YOU know you are good at.

I paint and draw landscapes when I have the time.

Cooking and baking.

I paint and draw. I am also good at very technical and scientific things too and like research so I tend to pickup new things along those lines faster than most (both male as well as female), but I keep things low key.

1 member liked this post:

I think it’s important to recognise our talents and abilities. If we can know that we have skills, then we contribute to others lives, too.

Also, women tend to say “It was luck” or “But Sally really did most of it”. When – in fact – the woman did it herself, for herself, but feels she’d be big headed or bragging. And women are definitely told never to brag or boast. It is seen as unfeminine and anti-social. But we can celebrate ourselves without being big headed or bragging. It isn’t bragging to recognise our abilities and stop asking others for permission to do our hobbies/work/activities. If we need others permission, we will always be the losers.

I’ve learnt this the hard way.

3 users liked this post:

With my poetry I have passion and enthusiasm. In fact I also tried writing song lyrics as a young teenager. I took up the guitar and recorded my own tunes onto a tape. I have lost that tape, unfortunately. But I loved trying to compose music. I did not have much knowledge of music theory, however.

Today – even though I don’t play the guitar – I still compose poetry. I love writing poems and – hopefully – always will. I just LOVE literature. I have even written a number of my own stories. One of my favourite is “Realm of Dreams”. That story was written from my heart and is a great novella. I haven’t written any more stories for a few years now. But “Realm of Dreams” I absolutely love. I wrote it in 2001 and it just clicks in my head. Anyhow, if you’re interested, the book is sold on Lulu.com. I realize this seems like spam, but it isn’t. Do please buy the book and read it. I put the cost of the book as low down as I could. Again, please purchase it and give it a read.

Thank you.

2 users liked this post:

Also, women tend to say “It was luck” or “But Sally really did most of it”. When – in fact – the woman did it herself, for herself, but feels she’d be big headed or bragging. And women are definitely told never to brag or boast. It is seen as unfeminine and anti-social.

So true. The patriarchal society we live in still, holds women back, by stifling female pride, encouraging male assertiveness, and encouraging female submissiveness.

Females are taught from a young age to be lacking confidence in this way, which has the effect of perpetuating patriarchy. This is what I, as a feminist, seek to combat.

We need to empower each other, not to compete, so amen to the sisterhood.

Us females rock!

We do rock, Trufflegirl!

I am actually good at painting & drawing. But I never do so these days. Still, it is a wonderful pasttime/hobby/skill. And I’d definitely love to see all your artwork, guys. They must be great.

Out of curiosity: do any of you attend [before the coronavirus] art classes? Did/do you enjoy them? Will you return after the virus has done its devastating damage? Do you think your life will return to normal? Two related subjects, but I look forward to reading your replies.

Our art group has posponed meetings until the end of the month as there are vulnerable members, but this was before the current lockdown. We should be meeting again but I don’t see it happening before things are safe. This is pretty much an informal group but we do hire a room at a village hall.

This world is pulling together: we WILL defeat the Coronavirus.

I’ve always been a good organizer and team member, my passion is growing super greens.

2 users liked this post:

I also have a talent for buying clothes online that are too small for me lil.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!