Home » Topics » General Discussion » Just for Fun » what did you learn today?

what did you learn today?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I have learnt today that I love Google email! I can’t disclose my email address, but now love its format and its design. Plus, it isn’t a common username [for the email].

If you are able, definitely sign up for Google email. It takes a bit of practice to navigate it, but once you’re used to it, you find it so easy to use.

I know I sound like an advert, but I feel it worth mentioning.

my email account is also with google mail, and yes: I like it tooo.

my username isn’t very unique (I’m not very original, it’s just my first and last name). well: it’s not even that, it’s my first initial and then my full last name

what I learned today is that only 1 percent of the earth’s water is drinkable

(ProtonMail rocks! Encryption for the win!)

Last night, while watching special features on my BluRay set of the original Star Trek series, I learned a bit about reining: https://www.fei.org/stories/sport/reining/everything-you-need-know-about-reining When that particular feature was filmed in 2003, William Shatner had gotten into the sport and seemed very hooked! 🙂

I learned that there is still a full-serve gas station in my small city! It felt weird pulling up to the gas pump and there was no place to pay with credit/debit right at the pump, plus someone else was handling the pump for me. I’m so used to pumping my own gas that I feel odd just sitting there waiting… 😉

That is unusual these days Rebecca. There are some here as I remember seeing signs saying ‘We serve you’ but I cannot remember where. There are a few ‘pay at the pump’ garages but they usually have the usual serve yourself and pay at kiosk too.

I just learned that it’s not true that we lose most of our body heat through our heads! Lose Half our Body Heat Through our Heads | Body Heat Loss | Live Science

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!