What Foods Are You Allergic To?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Health & Diet What Foods Are You Allergic To?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TestDummyCO 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I cannot digest brown bread, brown bread pudding, shreddies, museli, lettuce and other raw vegetables. I also have to be careful with mince and mince products. Roughage really gives me an upset stomach. For some reason I cannot digest the above mentioned foods without getting sick. Roughage actually makes my digestion worse. It is supposed to help with the process, but – for some reason – makes me really sick. When I avoid such foods, I am fine.

My sister won’t believe me, but I know my body best: considering I’ve had it for nearly 40 years. And I KNOW it is an allergic reaction to certain foods and not some bug.

Do YOU have any foods that make your body sick? How do you avoid such foods when shopping in the supermarket? Do others know about your food allergies? Take your food allergies seriously? Because I KNOW I am allergic to some foods. My sister won’t convince me otherwise. Again, I have had this body a long time, so I should know these things.

Ive become slightly lactose intolerant as Ive got older.

Apart from that nothing but I hate mushrooms…

You mention a good part of my diet Kitty! It’s funny how people differ even though we are all made the same. One thing I do have to limit myself to a little is grapes as they go straight through me. I make use of them in this respect though. I suppose I do regard myself as being able to eat anything although there probably are things that affect me, but not anything that I am totally allergic to as far as I know. I love raw onions which can be a bit harsh on the system at times and I try to avoid the really strong ones.

1 member liked this post:

I am alergic to nuts. they make me go in to shock and I have to have one of those pends with me (or rely on the fact someone else has one)

I am also alergic to icecream- it makes me bleed nonstop to dangerous levels.

while I am not alergic to carots, my body rejects them (actually it rejects most veg)

for years, I used to think I was alergic to sausages (I had an experience when I was younger which convinced me)

but I’m fine with them. I actually really enjoy them- have them for dinner a  lot

the other 2 things I have issues with are stings (again, I go in to shock) and also the chemicals in bleech (which cause me to have heart attack like psymptoms)

Nasty things allergies.

My youngest son was always lactose intolerant to the point that he would get really ill from a single square of chocolate.

My eldest son developed allergies slowly it started with a tickle on the throat when he ate nuts when he was about 15 and developed from there , soon nut oil,  nuts  , seeds including sesame ,chia and caraway were all on the danger list , then he reacted to garlic..

Awful enough for anyone but by this time he was a newly qualified chef….I was called one evening because he had gone blue after testing a dish that had some allergen on it.

Its a career that he was forced to abandon. Although he still cooks for fun…

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  cassandra.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  cassandra.

Food allergies are on the rise. My bestie, Vicky, is allergic to prawns. Her face becomes red and blotchy and restricts her throat. Which is truly awful. She also cannot eat onions, for the same reason.

I’m lucky (maybe, cursed?) that I don’t have any food allergies.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!