What Makes You Happy?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat What Makes You Happy?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Rowena 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I know the coronavirus is about, but do you ever feel an inkling of happiness? An ephiphany of something deeper being taught and understood? That you’re going to be given a golden key to your happiness?

I sometimes feel this. There is a feeling I’ve done something right and that all I learn is useful. And I also take my life day-by-day, hoping that my knowledge is the key to a happier life. Because I DO want to be happy. And I am happy in the regard:

1. I have my own apartment
    2. I have my charity job
    3. I have my published writing
    4. I am skilled in the kitchen and enjoy cooking
    5. I am brilliant at cleaning and love cleaning my apartment
    6. I am a skilled computer user
    7. I have travelled the world
    8. I don’t have illness that can’t be controlled
    9. I am good with getting along with people
    10. I love reading books and magazines

These are things that make me happy. What makes YOU happy?

1 member liked this post:

Regardless of everything that’s going on what makes me happy ?  I  am loved that is an absolute gift..

I also love the sunrise and the sunset totally free and yet two things that absolutely fills my heart with joy.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  cassandra.

Well apart from waking up next to hubby,  I like

Breakfast i bed

A lovely Summer day with the birds singing

Finding my fav pair of knickers in my overstacked bedside drawer

The odd bouquet of flowers

Finding someone else has done the washing up

The house smelling fresh when I have cleaned it

Praise from my manager at work  for doing a good job

A banana split on a hot day

Finding I still have some of my fav perfume left when I am going out somewhere special.

Simple really, oh and after searching the internet for THE dress and only one site has it and they have sold out of my size !!!

Seeing the sun in the sky, being warm and relaxed without a care in the world! It only happens in moments but it makes life worth living.

2 users liked this post:

What a lovely thought, can I add that those rare moments are almost timeless.

Walking around my garden, in bare feet. Today was warm, and I did that for the first time this year. It’s so liberating. I shun shoes and socks in reasonable weather, and go for bare feet around the front and back garden or for very short distances, and for flip-flops elsewhere. My daughters also like to do the same.

As a feminist, my partner has joked about the girls and me being barefoot a lot, and it corresponding with the ‘barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen’ saying.

I tell him that it’s okay, if it’s VOLUNTARY….!

3 users liked this post:

My husband loving my German accent finding the right commercial that describes me today,The VW commercial with Heidi Klum in it making the car blush after saying German engineering is sexy

2 users liked this post:

It is good that so many of you have things that make you happy and just cheer you up.

A little positivity is what keeps us all going and coping with Coronavirus and the shutting down of the economy: but not shutting down of society. Because we are all working together to defeat the virus and to keep this planet spinning with lives saved.

Stay positive.

2 users liked this post:

The longer the virus thingy goes on the more I don’t feel like venturing out. Let us hope the lockdown measures are relaxed soon.

I don’t know anyone who is sick with the virus, it seems there are people who view this virus as an inconvenience, unless it affects them. I’m especially thankful for the nurses and doctors who are taking care of the sick and all the other essential workers in the US. I’m thankful I’m not a city dweller, it’s just my husband and me on a small farm, no neighbors.

I also think it is more serious than we are being told as people are dying in all age ranges not just the old and vulnerable.

An essential worker here and getting in good hours,semi truck repair.Know they have to be ready for the road transporting products.Can’t be broken down costing money

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  missmika.

I went shopping this morning.. One shop for myself and two old people..

I felt stressed, seriously worried, I started to feel hot, anxious and quite angry at people who invaded my space. I started to break out in hives.

Then I came home and walked my dogs..There was no one around just us, we heard the birds sing and watched the buzzards soar overhead.. My blood pressure dropped,  my neck is calmer (still red from scratching) and my stress levels are back where they belong… My dogs and the nature make me happy…

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  cassandra.
    Attachments:
    4 users liked this post:

I have to do the weekly shop tomorrow and dreading it as I am sure there are people who don’t care about keeping their distance. This does make me nervous. Still I had a good walk in the sunshine to today with my dogs along some country paths it was lovely and quiet too.

I have to do the weekly shop tomorrow and dreading it as I am sure there are people who don’t care about keeping their distance. This does make me nervous. Still I had a good walk in the sunshine to today with my dogs along some country paths it was lovely and quiet too.

Take a walking stick… Use it to FORCE the distance, be like gangsta granny.. Thats my top tip and Im going to try it next time I go…

4 users liked this post:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!