What Makes You Happy?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat What Makes You Happy?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Rowena 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I am not the gangster granny type but an umbrella is more ladylike, although with this weather it would look strange.

I am not the gangster granny type but an umbrella is more ladylike, although with this weather it would look strange.

mikki..  the world is a strange place atm

Your dog is wonderful, cassandra: and very beautiful. What is his or her name?

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  KitKatKitty.

I have two dogs atm..George who is a beagle(ish) and is two and a half..  We say beagle(ish) because he is huge for a beagle we are convinced theres harrier or foxhound in him. He came to us last year when he was 18months he was a private rescue. His owner was forced to move and he couldnt go with. He looks like an angel but he is an absolute monster. He will escape if he can and he hunts like a demon.

Murphy is nearly 4 and he is a pure stabijhoun (English say Staby) it translates as the stand by me dog, because they are very loyal. Murphy is the first dog we have ever actually gone looking for and chosen as a pup from a breeder.

These two boys love each other very much and frequently sleep with one resting his head on the other.. Last week George had a nightmare,  he whimpered and Murphy jumped out of his bed and came running over to comfort him.

Murphy is slightly famous too.. He is a model used by the artist Red and Howling in her work..

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  cassandra.
    Attachments:
    4 users liked this post:

To be ladylike maybe a nice parasol? Good for keeping off the sun too, but maybe people would not take it seriously. On the historical sewing sites I have seen jokes about wearing old dresses. A good Victorian bustle dress would stop anyone reaching over your shoulder 😀

1 member liked this post:

Or something like this it serves two fold…. protects and keeps people away

Attachments:

Hi Jen if the skirt on the dress came out a long way say 2 metres that would be self self distancing would it not ?

Those old dresses did have nipped it waists though something I could do with lol.

Hi Cassandra, nice doggy pics and nice dogs too.

Another sunny, warm, lockdown day,the girls and me spending it in the garden in our bare feet, liberated and at one with nature that way. You know you’ve had a summerish day, at one with nature, when you have to wash your feet, rather than take your shoes off, when you get in!

That makes ME and the girls happy. God bless sunny days.

2 users liked this post:

I LOVE Murphy and George: they’re stunning dogs. No wonder you love them to bits! Gorgeous animals.

I had a dog growing up: her name was Kim. Then we had another dog whose name was Jenny. Unfortunately, she died from a sickness. I miss those dogs terribly, but aren’t going to get my own dog. If I did choose to get a pet, I would get a cat. I actually LOVE cats: they’re beautiful and speak to my soul.

I love animals full-stop.

2 users liked this post:

If I did choose to get a pet, I would get a cat. I actually LOVE cats: they’re beautiful and speak to my soul.

Did I have you all wrong ‘Kitty’ lol. Personally I am more of a dog person although have not got one at the moment. We used to have a Jack Russel / Corgi cross when I was a child and in my teens. I miss him still. I am one of those strange people who say hello to a dog, when on my walks, before it’s owner. I do remember being rather embarrased one morning when talking to next door’s cat which was on their shed roof, then realising that they were sitting outside on their patio hearing every word.

2 users liked this post:

I can’t get enough of cats! There is a gorgeous white cat that visits my dad’s house every day. I have named her Elizabeth: even though she isn’t a stray and I don’t own her. BUT she is gorgeous and very affectionate. She has never scratched me: even when batting her paw. I love Elizabeth to bits and have even filmed her on my smart phone and taken photos.

I have always had an emotional connection to cats: I LOVE them.

I have a love of cats (all animals really) but a hatred of cat owners. The car in front of us swerved violently this morning and as it did we caw a cat very young and very afraid stepping into the road. We managed to avoid it too but only because there was no-one alongside us.

How dare that cat owner put other people at risk as well as that poor little cat by letting it roam in a town with a fast ring road. It absolutly breaks my heart seeing them dead at the side of the road and all because people are too lazy or old fashoned and think cats need to roam.

My daughter has 4 cats Stewie, Dumpling, Polly and Sybil and they have never been outside but are all very safe happy and healthy with an active indoor lifestyle.

Our cat stays indoors for the most part.  When the weather is nice, we take her out to the front yard on a long leash to roam about.  We keep a good eye on her, though.  Once, we tried it in the back yard, and the psychotic German shepherd next door jumped the fence and tried to attack her.

Cats pose the greatest threat to the US bird population.  Domestic cats apparently exacerbate the threat.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2019/09/essay-to-save-birds-should-we-kill-off-cats/

2 users liked this post:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!