what was your favorite toy as a child?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat what was your favorite toy as a child?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

mine was a mcdonalds playset complete with pretend cups, pretend plates, the works

used to like pretending I was holding a tea party with my teddybears

to be fair though I also got a lot of use out of my teddy ruckspin (which I loved!), and my musical christmas tree which i insisted I played with all year round (you clap your hands and it sings  jingle bells)

I always love my koala bear and I still have him now.

But the best present I ever got was a wooden bookcase with glass doors and it contained a whole series of Enid blyton’s famous five books I added to an extended my book collection but that little bookcase and all of the lovely stories it contained , that was my favourite

1 member liked this post:

My brother and I shared a Walkie Talkie. We’d go around the house separately and talk to each other. Those were the days!

We loved those Walkie Talkies! LOL. We also loved going down the stairs on an airbed. Seriously! It was awesome back then with my brother.

I cannot remember a favourite toy although I do remember I loved my first bicycle.

I grew up on the famous 5.

loved them. I had a video of the series which I watched almost every night, and they were the first books that really got me in to reading.

I used to sing the  names in my head so I never forgot them

” julian dick and anne, george and timmy the dog”. that was my song haha, with a harmony on  the word dog

it just worked

the only experience I’ve ever had with awalkie-talkie ended up with me talking to a taxi firm

it was interesting, but a  bit scary haha

I grew up on the famous 5.

loved them. I had a video of the series which I watched almost every night, and they were the first books that really got me in to reading.

I used to sing the names in my head so I never forgot them

” julian dick and anne, george and timmy the dog”. that was my song haha, with a harmony on the word dog

it just worked

My son has just bought his daughter her first set of famous five books, he remembers reading them too and he told me he always liked them better than secret seven.

I was never much a secret 7 fan. at all

I can’t even remember their names (the dog was called scamper, I think). but it wasn’t as good for sure.

another series of books I liked (by the same author) was the magic faraway tree. if that was real that would be so cool

I would  love to see the land of yorkshire puddings haha

I remember I read very many of Enid Blyton books. As well as The Famous Five I liked The Naughtiest Girl in the School – Well I was a rebel lol

on the subject of books, has anyone read anything by the author jacqueline wilson.

I used to watch tracy beaker when I came home from school, and read it too.

but my favorite by her is the cat mummy, such an awesome story.

also roald dahl was a big part of my childhood.

I had a casette tape of charlie and the great glass elevator (underrated, but a good story) and many of his books- including the BFG and matilda

I love talking about my childhood

those were the days

I think Jacqueline Wilson is a bit after my childhood time although I didnt read that many childrens books to be honest.

I like Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton but then I moved on and I think my favourite childhood book was the Hobbit and later LOTR I also loved all the mystery and detective books by Dick Francis and Agatha Christie.. By the time I was 9 the school gave up on me and I was allowed to take in whatever books I wanted to as long as it wasnt too gruesome.

I bought my sister the entire collection of Roald Dahl books for Christmas a few years ago. She hasn’t re-read them, though. But if you’re looking to buy someone a present, emily91, you could do the same? Your close friends might well fall in love with Roald Dahl all over again. Because his work shall live forever.

He was a genius.

on the subject of books, has anyone read anything by the author jacqueline wilson.

I love them and, believe it or not, have just read two more – The Worry Website and The Mum Minder. I am often very technically mided and enveloped with what I do so I find it good to totally escape into childhood fantasy occasionally. It really helps. It also helps my artwork too! Last week in out art group I re-kindled my art as I have not done much for a while by drawing these sketches from some of those in the books:

Attachments:
    2 users liked this post:

You’re a gifted artist, SpinningJen. I’d love to see more of your work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!