what's for dinner?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat what's for dinner?

This topic contains 158 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccajpanda 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)
  • Author

Quinoa and smoked mackerel today – all heavily spiced of course!

Soup for us tonight. (Easy and quick supper when the guys are back right at our usual suppertime.)

I was getting mixed up with dates this weekend and kept thinking it was the 25th today. I won’t be having any haggis, but I will read a poem or two from Robbie Burns. I wonder if I’ll ever be adventurous enough to try that Scottish dish… πŸ˜‰

It’s nice Rebacca although I probably don’t cook it in the traditional way. I have half a haggis in the freezer. I don’t know if you have ever tried white pudding (similar to black pudding but white so probably no blood)? It is very similar. I would think that haggis, the insides of out of the skin, may work for stuffing a chicken but I have not tried it.

Ps: I just had a quick look and found this delicous looking recipe, so my idea is not new lol: https://www.scottishscran.com/balmoral-chicken-stuffed-with-haggis-recipe/

Eggies in a basket yesterday. (I remembered that’s probably not the term you would all use, and I found 66 names!Β Egg-in-a-Hole Has at Least 66 Different Names | MyRecipes)

Today… I’m not sure, and it might depend if I’m tired from shoveling snow. We do have meatballs in the freezer, so we could have those with a veggie. (I often don’t worry about grains at suppertime, but there’s always bread or muffins if someone needs their grain.)

sausages and chips..

2 users liked this post:

Hawaiian pizza! We customise ours and get multigrain crust plus Daiya cheese alternative.

I’ll probably order a second pizza and make it a thin crust BBQ chicken with mushrooms and red peppers. Yum yum!

I guess we could use more veggies in that meal, so I might order a salad as well or just cut up raw veggies we already have…

We’ll have our carrot cake at lunch so we can run around and get that extra energy out earlier in the day. πŸ˜‰

Back to soup today after yesterday’s chicken, potato and veg.

I’m planning to buy chicken drumsticks (or the full legs) at the store today, then the boys get to see what Shake N Bake is like. (The store brand version says Southern Fried Chicken Coating. I had no idea when I was young, I just loved the taste!) We’ll also have cucumber salad or a plate of raw veggies.

Last night was French Toast for dinner. I’ve been saving the ends of loaves because we don’t tend to use them for sandwiches or plain toast, and they can either be used to make our own croutons or for French toast. πŸ™‚

hotdogs in burger buns

because, you know, I don’t have any actual hotdog rolls lol.

1 member liked this post:

Friday – Dare I say – Fish and chips πŸ˜€

Im doing a practice run of sweet and sour chicken in my instant pot.. Next week as all the resturants are still closed and our local takeway is a bit blah Im planning a bit of an oriental feest mini spring rolls , special fried rice, noodles, sweet and sour chicken , chicken in back bean sauce and beef rendang ( spicy beef curry) . The only one I havent tried yet is the S&S so tonight is a practice run!

hotdogs in burger buns

My mum rarely bought actual hot dog buns when I was young. We used bread slices. Nowadays, my boys and I just eat the dogs without any grain representative. πŸ˜‰

Fish for me tonight, and I’ve got sliced mushrooms to saute. Since they’re actually the fruit of a fungus, I wonder if I should still have veggies… Probably will!

hotdogs in burger buns

My mum rarely bought actual hot dog buns when I was young. We used bread slices.

Lol my children were allergic , colourings milk eggs etc so I gave them plain white finger rolls and told them it was cake,, if they were good I split the roll put jam in it and they had ‘cake with jam’.. They were about 7 or 8 before they realised it wasnt really cake!

We have shredded cheese left from making lasagna on Monday (a simplified version to avoid the ingredients that aren’t approved by one kid or another) and so it’s going to be part of tonight’s supper. We’ll melt the cheese on the turkey franks as we grill them, and I’ll put together (or have a kid put together) a cucumber salad! Magnifique!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!