Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » what's for dinner?

what's for dinner?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 193 total)
  • Author

Another cheesy idea tonight: grilled cheese sandwiches, plus a plate of raw veggies. Yum!

I bought yams so we can make them into Friday fries for tomorrow. Probably with chicken nuggets. 🙂

roast duck with homemade yorkshire puddings

however: the yorkshires look more like little round bullets than actual yorkshires

ah well: the taste test later will confirm everything

Hope they tasted great! We had burgers last night so the middle guy could try onions in the form of onion rings. (There’s a ton of food I would stink at making, so restaurants help!) I’m so proud of him for trying so many new foods lately! Curiosity over comfort!

Tonight will be soup for a quick-prep supper. I have chicken noodle (the Campbell’s Chunky kind is our fave of the canned variety) and also a pea soup. I’m debating whether to open minestrone just for me, since I get tired of those other two flavours, but the kids haven’t yet…

Minced beef for me today. Probably fried with onions and maybe a few mushrooms. Potatoes with veg and gravy.

Hmm, gravy!

I’m making linguine and steamed carrots right now. Since we had a holiday yesterday, we’ve shifted things a little. I’ll get back on track tomorrow since it’s Whatever Wednesday. 😉

rare steak with garlic bread

Rotini tonight. Yummy!

Liver and onions today!

I probably should have liver now and then for its iron content, but… no. 😉

I was tired after almost a full day of phone meetings regarding the kids’ school progress and things we can do as we finish out the year. Even after having an energy bar, I was a bit shaky and didn’t think I’d be able to deal with making supper. Instead, I ordered two adult meals from a local restaurant so we could split them between the four of us. We’ve got some salad left for tomorrow and also half the dessert. (Not the smartest thing to add to a meal when you suspect your blood sugar was affected that day, yet no ill effects so far!) Let’s call all of that a reward for the kids and me, after having our usual routine interrupted so much. 😉

French Toast tonight! 🙂

We get a meal delivered on Thursdays from the church, so Thursday is a question mark ahead of time (although I did spy a photo of the salads in the making on Facebook, since I know one of the ladies who puts the food packages together). The boys said no to the soup, so I’ve got lots to eat! I’m going to add sautéed mushrooms to one of them for a bit of extra flavour – and also because I tend to forget about my mushroom purchases until they must be cooked or be tossed. (Oy to my memory on that!) Otherwise, the dinner buns were a hit, the salad was acceptable to two of the boys, and the desserts were well appreciated (of course).

I haven’t made any Friday plans yet, but with the boys home, maybe we’ll do grilled cheese. Or we could go more complicated and make lasagna… 😀

Friday was fish and chips as usual with me. Saturday tends to be snacky except for a substantial cooked breakfast.

I was a bit late with supper last night because I discovered the microwave is misbehaving and will likely fail in the next month or so. I once had a microwave start and stop on its own, and this is close – it’s starting up when you press the button to open the door! I went online and found a new one that is hopefully a bit better quality (though this one lasted almost six years, so it’s not horrible).

Anyway, I made grilled cheese yesterday, and I’m thinking of fish tonight since the oldest mentioned he doesn’t get much fish. (I eat it on Friday nights without any kids around!) I’ll do fish and some other protein for those who don’t like fish… No fries/chips, probably just veggies along with it.

Shopping today so I’ll see what takes my fancy in the supermarket. I usually decide before I go but I cannot think what today. Maybe look for a good offer.

I ate roast pork and potatoes – plus vegetables – for dinner this Sunday evening. And it was delicious. My dad made it: he really knows his cookery. My dad is a master of the roast dinner.

Tomorrow I am having something readymade from my fridge.

Enjoy your Monday dinner, folks!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 193 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!