what's for dinner?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat what's for dinner?

This topic contains 133 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccajpanda 5 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Author

I am not 100% sure for today yet. With the changes over Christmas now it is the time of using up all those things that were bought for Christmas but not eaten. I did not overdo things too much though so things are steadily getting back to normal. Maybe fish today as I used the last of the left over Christmas bird yesterday.

Ive got a box of those tiny potatoes gourmet potaotes is they way they are sold , anyway thinking what to do Ive decided there is some stewing steak in the freezer so Im going to put that in the IP with a red wine sauce and cook it adding the potatoes 15 minutes before the end.

It will make a nice rich cassarole type of thing..

1 member liked this post:

It might be a leftovers day for us, unless everything’s eaten at lunch. I could always check the expiry dates on the turkey hot dog packages. It’s funny how happy kids get when you make something simple like hot dogs!

I made pancakes tonight. I’m too hungry in the morning to make a meal like that, so I sometimes throw in a breakfast idea as a Wednesday supper. Feels like the middle of the week needs something easy!

I like to add (coconut) whipped cream for the first pancake everyone has, then there’s berries as well. I added a steamed egg (my version of hard-boiled eggs) for protein, and the kids chose either peanut butter or cheese.

I’m already planning baked yam fries for tomorrow’s supper, with some chicken. Yum!

Smoked haddock for lunch today. I thought I had some (frozen) fresh sardines but they have gone.

I am having steak and garlicb bread!

I’m debating whether to order Chinese. It’s not on my list of healthy foods for my particular needs, but it’s so yummy I have some now and then. Or, a totally different idea: meatballs, rice, and salad.

Our Chinese only opens at teatimes / evenings in the week so I seldom get any. My main meal is at lunch. I do like them though.

Today, as we have lots of carrots it will be some form of soup, with varius dditional vegetables, herbs and spices.

We ended up having chicken yesterday that had been cooked at the grocery store deli and was sold cold. We just had to heat it up and it tasted a bit like KFC! Now the guys are interested in preparing chicken ourselves one of these days with my mum’s staple of Shake N Bake. Not sure if it’ll save us money, but less processed food is a good thing. So glad they’re finally interested! (Picky and non-adventurous eaters can gradually come around, it seems…)

Tonight we’re probably having something more like our usual: popcorn chicken. (It’s in the freezer already, and it’ll be easy.) I think a plate of raw veggies would be a good idea with that, and since they eat their veggies, I should give my guys a break on the fact that it took them a long time to eat meat from the bone!

Yesterday it was a bit of a mixture – Breaded haddock with pepperoni pizza and salad. The shop bought pizza had been around a day or two and the oven was on.

Today – Friday – Fish and chips!

Today – Friday – Fish and chips!

Snap… Im  really looking forward to it. We dont indulge that often.

Yesterday I ate turkey steaks with marie rose sauce and hash browns. It was particularly delicious!

Today we are having fish. It’ll be haddock flaked with risotto rice. We’ve had it loads of times over the years. If you’re interested than it would be worth you making. Plus, you can add boiled eggs onto your dinner plate. This adds extra flavour.

Enjoy your dinner guys!

Today we are having fish. It’ll be haddock flaked with risotto rice. We’ve had it loads of times over the years. If you’re interested than it would be worth you making. Plus, you can add boiled eggs onto your dinner plate. This adds extra flavour.

I had something very similar recently Kitty but using smoked haddock. It was delicious!

I have to remember to buy some salmon to bake in the oven – the middle guy is now interested in foods that lead to more serotonin. Look what happens when we research while finding that a certain occupational therapy exercise isn’t working well… (Therapressure is what we’d been trying, and it’s supposed to trigger serotonin release, but it was bothering him. Possibly because his skin is more irritable in the winter, like mine. I’ll introduce the topic again in the spring.)

Last night I had fish for supper and tonight I think it’ll be soup.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!