Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » what's on the table for christmas dinner?

what's on the table for christmas dinner?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

on christmas day, what will you have

will you go for the original turkey?, a diffrent meat?

or something else all together

I am having turkey, pigs in blankets (sausages wrapped in bacon), and yorkshire puddings

I like to keep things simple.. Salad, HoneyBaked Ham, Winter Vegetable Gratin, and Old-fashioned Green Beans.

I don’t have to cook the ham…just warm it.  In fact, individual servings can be heated in the microwave.  I prepare the gratin on Christmas eve and bake on Christmas day.  The salad and green beans don’t require much time on Christmas day, either.

Since I’m not having any guests, I’m not making dessert.

Fairly traditional here but with Guinea Fowl as a Turkey is too big. Being gamey it’s tastier too. Otherwise it is traditional with potatoes, roast parsnips, brussel sprouts, carrots etc follwed by Christmas pudding with white sauce.  Christmas dinner is usually at lunchtime and usually runs well into the afternoon.

We are having , poached pear with goat cheese salad to start,

then Bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and sun dried tomato, roast potatoes and roast parsnips. All of which is cooked in an air fryer.

Dessert depends on OH but I think it will be ice cream or a mince pie with cream.

Our Christmas dinner (suppertime, though I’m not sure why, ha ha) will be ham, carrots and stuffing (because we love Stovetop). I used to do turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but now I want variety along with simple meals easy to make.

Dessert is cupcakes – usually birthday cake (“Happy birthday, Jesus!”) but there are delicious filled cupcakes at the nearest store that I love!

When I drop the guys off today (at a grocery store – neutral territory) I’m also picking up frosted cinnamon buns for Christmas breakfast. Kinda hoping to keep that as our thing for years to come, yum yum… Maybe next year I’ll come up with a special lunch for the holiday to create a new tradition! 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!