Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Love & Relationships » What's Your Personality?

What's Your Personality?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

My personality:

I am soft, emotive, intuitive, emotional, sensitive, honest, tactful, artistic. BUT I can also be lazy and – on occasion – obsessive. I can also be incredibly secretive: even though I am an honest person. A paradox there, but true.

Personalities I don’t get along with:

Caustic, aggressive, nasty, critical, teasing, sneering, blowing hot & cold, vicious, laughing at others misfortune, an agitator, believing in whack religious beliefs or cults, cold and distant, uncaring and selfish.

Over to you.

Hi Kitty, I am soft, emotional, caring, trustworthy, artistic, helpful and animal loving. I am also becoming obsessive about certain things as I get older like straightening coasters, clocks and pictures, locking doors, keeping the bedroom tidy and having a very tidy knicker drawer. Living with a man can be a trial at times as he is a very untidy and not appreciative of my efforts lol. x

An interesting question as, looking at both your answers, I see a lot in common. I think personality is easier judged by someone else rather than myself, but like to think of myself as open, caring and organised. I too love people, animals and nature but can be very dis-organised  if things get on top of me, For someone who can be obsessive too I can be quite contrary.

Hi Jen, I agree it is how others judge us that really counts, I think that can be quantified by how many friends you have and the type of friend they are ( my that is philosophical for this early in the morning). I like you feel dis-organised at times when things get on top of me and throw a wobbily lol.

Im an isolationist in many ways. Nature or nurture? I was an only girl a so called talented child so always the odd one out and I obviously decided at some point that being alone was easier.

Social media is great because I can opt out any time I want and no one actually gets too near.

So a loner, emotionally distant, creative (but lacking skill) Im more an ideas person.. I like to plan have order and peace in my life. I dont like crowds ,shouty, boastful or flashy people. Generally I prefer the company of dogs over people.

I have never made close or long term friends,  people drift in and out of my life mostly when they need me for something.

But Ive learned to empahize, I worked in the care industry for 17 years and Im told I was warm caring social and calm.

I have some things in common with you Cassandra I often prefer my dogs company over human contact and my time spent with them makes me feel contented. I was a bit of a loner as a girl being ginger haired and left handed with a different view on life I struggled at school, I had to make an extra effort to fit in.

[quote quote=208655]I have some things in common with you Cassandra I often prefer my dogs company over human contact and my time spent with them makes me feel contented. I was a bit of a loner as a girl being ginger haired and left handed with a different view on life I struggled at school, I had to make an extra effort to fit in.

[/quote]

Im glad that being left handed now is not such an issue as it was, my daughter is a leftie and she had no trouble at school but OH is a leftie too and spent time being punished and made to write with his right hand which has left him with awful handwriting.

I suppose instead of making an effort to fit in I’ve always chosen to walk away and do my own thing. I did have lots of friends as a child, in fact I was known by the mums as the responsible one so I was allowed to organise trips during the school holidays and left in charge of all my friends . we would tour London landmarks and museums with our packed lunch and day ticket for the bus. I cant imagine anyone putting that kind of trust in a 10 yr old now.

But the screaming over pop stars, obsessions with make up and babies just lost me. I was busy reading being out and about.

The gap widened in secondary school when I went to a school out of my area and didnt see anyone outside of school times. Then because I married young I didnt fit my age group, the young free and single  but I didnt fit in with the mums at the nursey group or the wives of OHs work mates. So again I chose to be my own company.

Then when we moved to NL I had no one here that I knew except OH and my children. So again I was left to fend for myself and entertain myself.

Now Im no longer working but Im well below retirement age, so I dont fit that group I care for OH but we dont fit the norm for his illness  , so support groups have nothing to offer, so again I find myself alone and actually not minding it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by cassandra.

Hi Cassandra, I am glad you are relatively happy with your singleness for want of a better word. When I was at girl at school I used to write backwards and the teacher used to put my work up to a mirror to read it lol. Still my teachers we so nice and friendly  and did not force me to write with my other hand. I have periods of being on my own but working part time is useful, I do know of couples that retire and find each others company difficult spending lots of time together and that can put a strain on their marriage.

I am confident, loudish, passionate, assertive and forthright, with a strong sense of sisterhood/female solidarity; all of the things that society condemns females for being, which is perhaps how and why I became a feminist, and also how I continue to be a very ardent one.

The traits that I don’t get along with the people who sport them are, therefore, sexism and misogyny.

[quote]

Im glad that being left handed now is not such an issue as it was, my daughter is a leftie and she had no trouble at school but OH is a leftie too and spent time being punished and made to write with his right hand which has left him with awful handwriting.

[/quote]
    I am right handed with awful hanwriting but you do remind me of a time at school. I wondered what it was like being left handed and realised that in playing the guitar I did fairly complex things with my left hand and in confused me. I experimented and spent some time learning to write with my left hand. After perhaps a month or so I could write reasonably well, but when I compared my writing with both hands I found it almost identical. Although I am predominantly right handed that experience has left me somewhat more ambidextrous.

I spend a lot of time alone and mainly get on well with that as I don’t like crowds either. I wonder how people find me when I am out and about as, when I come across someone walking a dog, I almost always say hello to the dog first. I speak to lots of animals and even the birds.

I love my own company, too! I am mostly alone. Of course, I still love people, but feel I am more productive when working alone. Even throughout school I was quiet. I just have never been loud mouthed or pushy. I really do not like braggarts and – let’s face it – loud mouthed, arrogant bullies. Frankly, those people are up their own arse. They think shouting their opinion across the room makes them confident: I disagree with them on that count.

Confidence comes from an inner light: it comes from self belief. Confidence is about making it happen without others permission. Using violence and verbal abuse isn’t making it happen. People with real inner belief don’t take others dreams, either. Stealing someone’s dreams is not going to make another’s dreams come true.

That’s how I see it.

Hiya, looking at Jen’s post, I think with writing it is just about practice as to what you can do with either hand. I got used to cutting things with scissors in my right hand when I was girl. When I grew I bought some left handed ones which felt strange at first but lovely now. I also think it strange that I hold cups in my right hand and not left. My parents made me eat with the cutlery in the correct hands, so of course I would tear at food with the knife instead of cutting it.

Once my husband started work he found that all the tools were right handed ..I know that sounds strange but on off buttons for power tools are always set up for  right handed use , saw blade cut when used right handed not left so at that point he used his right hand to work and his left to right. Its funny now to see my daughter do exactly the same. Most keyboards and mouse set ups are for right handed use she works in IT so shes had to get used to this and uses her right hand for her mouse even though it would most likely be easier for her to use left.

I read somewhere that left-handed ness is inherited.

[quote quote=208715] Most keyboards and mouse set ups are for right handed use she works in IT so shes had to get used to this and uses her right hand for her mouse even though it would most likely be easier for her to use left.

[/quote]

I remember that, before I was issued with a laptop computer at work I used a destop daily. With our work we had some trackballs in stock as well as mice, and I preferred these as they did not require much desk space as you don’t move them in use. Although I always left the settings for right handed use I used to position mine on the left side and use it left handed. That way I could have paper and pen to my right so I was able to use them both together. The trackball was larger than most so very stable, unlike the tiny ones most used. It really annoyed my immediate manager as she complained to me about it as she couldn’t use it that way. I have never got on the same way with a mouse though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!