Where should the line between classy, sexy, and trashy be drawn?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Where should the line between classy, sexy, and trashy be drawn?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Back in the 2010s there were these black dress Barbies.
    https://p1.liveauctioneers.com/2490/87731/44979778_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg

Only one was controversial.

https://www.everbeautiful.com/2010/1422/did-barbie-get-a-boob-job

Where would you draw the line? Are black dresses trashy or a mix of classy and sexy?

I think that black dresses, like other clothes, show yourself to the world, but it is how you wear them that counts. Although I have a son, not a daughter, I think our general approach to life, rather than a specific item like a doll, made him who he is. It is a bit hypothetical, but I  think he would have likely rejected a big boob Barbie just because of her big boobs, prefering the less provocative. He has shown that in life. I think, showing your boobs off can and does get trashy pretty easily. The merest hint is sexy and can be classy when done well. That is my approach. Having said that, we live their lives differently, and for some, looking what others would call trashy is how they live. Life is a collection of differing opinions.

1 member liked this post:

My husband had been working away.. I met him at the port and as I walked through the arrival hall you could have heard a pin drop…

He came through with another guy and when he said thats my wife waiting for me the other guy just said ‘You lucky  b*******

I was wearing my little black dress  which was just a black shift dress cut two inches above the knee , no boob, no bum showing , But I had teamed it with high black stilletos, black stockings and a full length black leather coat… I was already 5’8″ but in those heels  over 6’

It was trashy but that was exactly what I was aiming at and OH loved it.

At my brothers funeral his ex wife turned up in a black dress but it was a satin version of the white one Marilyn Monroe wore   in Seven year itch….that was trashy and she looked totally out of place and disrespectful.

No matter what you wear it should suit the occasion,  same dress different occasion can look totally wrong or just perfect.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  cassandra.
    2 users liked this post:

I’d love to dress like you, cassandra! I just cannot walk in stilletos. I wish I could. Women’s shoes are absolutely beautiful and I love them all. On my Pinterest account I have over 10,000 pins of shoes: mostly women’s.

Back to the subject: if someone wants to look “trashy” that is their choice. In fact, it is a look that can suit a lot of women. Although they would not use that label. Looking good is a personal preference and if a woman wants to look sexy then that is her choice. I do also think it adds colour to someone’s style and is fun. I don’t follow fashion “rules” myself. And I would never use the term “trashy”. There are many fashion trends and it suits every person, whatever trend they choose.

Also, being provocative is what it is: and looks sexy, rather than trashy.

If a woman wants to look good, I say go for it!

you should wear what you think is appropriate and not worry what others think. no matter what you wear there will be likers and haters. dress to impress is my motto

rabbithabit is 100% right: a person should dress how they want and not how others expect them to. It is a free world and if someone wants to look “trashy” that is their prerogative. There are loads of different fashions, styles and tastes: why should someone have to fit someone else? It is wonderful for someone to be experimental and enjoy dressing up: or even down.

Wear what YOU want: and feel proud to have your personal style and expression of what YOU are.

Fashions are there to enjoy and try: don’t let anyone limit you.

I like Cassandra’s look, but of course its not for every occasion. My go to outfit is a LBD which on me is always 2″ above the knee. really nice hose and stilletos. I do like a little cleavage showing if its a festive event and I know my date enjoys that too.

I like Cassandra’s look, but of course its not for every occasion. My go to outfit is a LBD which on me is always 2″ above the knee. really nice hose and stilletos. I do like a little cleavage showing if its a festive event and I know my date enjoys that too.

LOL.  I love you say ‘My look..’ That was a few years ago. These days my ‘look’ is normally jeans and hiking boots as I wander around the countryside with the dogs and the camera,  I dont do social very often now so its a totally different look.

Mind you Im surprised at how many people think they can walk the dogs on rough ground in silly high heeled boots!

LOL. I love you say ‘My look..’ That was a few years ago. These days my ‘look’ is normally jeans and hiking boots as I wander around the countryside with the dogs and the camera, I dont do social very often now so its a totally different look.

Mind you Im surprised at how many people think they can walk the dogs on rough ground in silly high heeled boots!

Similarly my look too without the dogs.  I sometimes wonder how I look as I tend to wear fairly thick socks, turned down over my jeans or leggings to keep out some of the beasties. The leggings are a bit thin but I can cope Ok with the odd nettle sting. Sometimes I look in horror at the larger patches though lol. I used to wear sandals in the summer, out down the farm tracks. Not totally practical and these stories of ticks put me off :/

I do wear more feminine outfits at the weekend, even at the supermarket. I love to dress a little at least once a week.

2 users liked this post:

That’s just the nature of your lifestyle, SpinningJen. Plus, you’ve got a lifestyle you enjoy and I do believe the countryside is wonderful. I have always loved walking in the woods and the fields. I LOVE walking dogs, too: although I haven’t had a dog for many years now. I much prefer country life to city life. I simply could not stomach living in London or any other city.

City life and my personality do not get along.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!