Why is fashion important to you?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Fashion & Lifestyle Why is fashion important to you?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Fendergirl 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

As fashion is trending these days, here’s a question as how important fashion is for you…???

Fashion is important for me because it helps me with my confidence.We dress to how we feel. Not only can it help with my confidence but its a way to express myself and show how I want to be seen by the world.

That’s why fashion is important to me, what about you?:)

Fashion is a funny subject to me, as I don’t often follow the latest trend. When I was younger I liked to see myself as a trendsetter, which as you might imagine, worked occasionally 😄

I love fashion, and do play with design in my artwork a little, but when I dress, it is looking good, not wearing the latest, which is important to me.

I love fashion, I love how people use it to express their individual personalities. Sometime fashion can be used as a mask for those who are insecure of them selves.

For myself I struggle to find my personal style. I live in a town where women just wear jeans and t-shirts, anything else just seems over dressed. Any time I try to put something cute on my husband’s friends call me “hollywood”, which makes me feel over done. So I have a closet and dresser mixed with different type of clothing but I stick with the standard t-shirt and jeans because that’s what everyone else does. I know I shouldn’t care but it can be hard not to care what others think.

I would love to be more fashionable.

I live in a town where women just wear jeans and t-shirts, anything else just seems over dressed. Any time I try to put something cute on my husband’s friends call me “hollywood”, which makes me feel over done. So I have a closet and dresser mixed with different type of clothing but I stick with the standard t-shirt and jeans because that’s what everyone else does. I know I shouldn’t care but it can be hard not to care what others think. I would love to be more fashionable.

I know the feeling well. When I look out of the window, watching people passing by, it is unusual to see anyone under pension age wearing other than jeans or leggings, and even with leggings women seldom wear a  long top or skirt. I saw a beautiful skirt in a local shop a couple of weeks ago. It looked expensive and had a bold pattern. It was not expensive, but when would I wear it? I have worn skirts and dresses during the summer, as I find these cooler. Thinking though, it does seem strange in a way when I dress up to go to the supermarket in my Sunday best 😄 I use the opportunity!

1 member liked this post:

Fashion is very important to me. I read all the fashion magazines each month, like clockwork. I love wearing the odd skirt and stylish trousers. Top wise, I wear tunics, fitted tops, etc. I avoid t-shirts and I hate jeans and loathe to wear them these days. I am sick & tired of jeans. It was all I used to wear. I try to be inspired by magazines like “Glamour” and “Marie Claire”. I read the odd fashion blog, too. I love shoes, but only buy those I am going to wear. I do work, but when I have more money, I plan on buying more skirts. I also love fitted, tailored trousers. I love looking stylish.

2 users liked this post:

I have lately come to the realzation if something make you feel good about yourself then you should wear it. If they are gonna call me hollywood then I will just embrace it lol. Its like when I went out for dinner with my husband the other weekend every woman I saw was in casual clothing at this decently nice resturant and there I was in a dress feeling like the odd duck but I realized I felt food in what I was wearing and at least I put some effort in looking nice compared to those around me. I don’t when it was the thing to stop trying at least around here it seems like women just don’t care anymore about their appearance. Maybe it’s the small town atmosphere who knows but I know I gotta stop worrying what others think about me.

I rather dress like Hollywood then a sack of potatoes 😂 actually I don’t mind dressing like a sack of potatoes either like the time you don’t want to leave the house.

Fashion is fun but being comfortable is nice too. lol

I certainly don’t go mad with fashion: in fact, I need to be more adventurous. Wearing beautiful clothes is wonderful and I definitely want to wear more beautiful clothes. I am a little nervous of wearing heels: I worry about twisting an ankle. Heels are beautiful, but I only wear them if other women are. I do have high heel pictures on my Bookmark feed, as they look gorgeous. I would definitely encourage women to wear such footwear. Shoes should be enjoyed, definitely.

I have some nice boots with heels, but don’t often wear them. I am tall anyway so don’t really need them. I also walk a lot at times. After my last outing in them, I found the heel had worn considerably. Such a tiny area wears fast.

The topic fashion itself has a broad spectrum. One cannot define fashion good or bad. Take for instance fashion that is evolving in swim wears. Initially, swim wears had a greater coverage area, but now it’s just a thread like cloth that covers most of the females assets. This evolving trend is liked by many as well as criticized by many. But this isn’t stopping budding designers to design more and more designs like the one seen at https://www.dollboxx.com.au/ or http://www.camilla.com/au/swim/all.html etc. Hence, fashion to me is involvement of new ideas.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  samreb.

I’m in NYC very frequently on business so I need to look like I belong there. Also my company has a dress code for women- even though I’m the only one there. While the dress code does not address ‘fashion” it does mandate conservative attire. Dresses or business suits  always, hems at/below the knee- I have a lot of trouble with this one. Hose and heels, very limited jewelry, no bare shoulders and certainly no cleavage. So while I want to be fashionable, I have to keep my job.

I can understand that, Rhonda333. I am also sensible with my clothing. I wouldn’t wear very short skirts or revealing tops. Heels are only worn on special occasions. As a woman gets older, fashion becomes less important and personal style becomes the priority. I love fitted tops and tailored trousers. I bought a pair of beautiful boots on Friday. Actually, I bought another pair: that and a pair of black leather boots. Footwear is another important part of style, and while I may not wear heels all the time, I wear smart, stylish shoes: loafers, boots, sandals in summer, etc. Anyhow, personal style is where I am at now. I do love clothing and just being stylish.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  KitKatKitty.

Hi Kat. At my age I wouldn’t wear skirts very much above the knees but I'm well over 6' tall in heels and regular skirts are cut for woman 5’6″ or so. That means mine  will be just above the knee`s. I cant wear most tall sized because they are too low waisted for me. Blouses and sweaters are the exception- yes long arms too. I too am very conservative and choose classic styles. But also my company has a very strict dress code for women.  I’m usually fully compliant- except for the hemline.

Fashion is important to me because it is another way of expressing myself without telling any words.

Why is fashion important to me? Plain and simple, because I like to look as good as possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!