Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » Your April: The Monthly Thread

Your April: The Monthly Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

This thread is to start tomorrow.

I cannot believe it’ll be April tomorrow: where does time go? Anyhow, I thought I would start this thread today and wait for Thursday for everyone to reply and contribute.

In the meantime, enjoy your Wednesday!

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month, as they say!

I have drunk my caffetterie coffee. I just don’t see the point of a huge coffee machine: especially in a fairly small apartment. I have also painted my nails a gorgeous ladybird red. I have updated my accounts and food diary: I am vigilant about this. I shall be cleaning my bathroom and kitchen later today.

I am keeping busy! Oh: I am also still posting online. I could not live without the Internet.

today during my alexa game it told me that I lost all my progress. it was an april fool joke, but I took it quite seriously and was like oh ugg….. really?. but I am glad it was only a joke.

I just finished having some fresh fruit for breakfast. hopefully ghoing out to get some easter treats for sunday..

I have recently [today] cleaned my bathroom and kitchen. I am airing out my apartment ATM. I also took out old flowers: they hadn’t bloomed and didn’t smell very nice. They’re gone now: in the bin outside with the other rubbish.

I shall be going grocery shopping in 30 minutes time. I have various items I need to buy.

Just another day for me, really. Oh: the bin men* are here, which is handy!

*Without whom we’d be piled with rubbish throughout the streets and would breathe in trash. Never underestimate the importance of even the “lowly” jobs.

The only April Fool’s joke, or I presume it was, that I really saw yesterday was a post which said a baby rhinoceros had escaped and was loose on the ring road around town. It was realistic, but I do wonder what would happen if news like this were true, as these sort of things do happen.

It’s cooler here today but almost all of my washing has been done and dried in the last few days so thats one job for a day or two. There are still plenty left though.

I just finished doing Whole30 in March so I’m going to try and get out more and check out some new restaurants. The weather is supposed to be nice so I’m going to find some spots in the sun. I also just got into day planning. OMG, it’s like Lisa Frank for adults with all the fun stickers. It has helped me get so organized and actually do chores. I feel like there are so many good things on the horizon.

Quiet day so far here with the boys away till supper. I’m going to get myself ready for a walk on the trails near our community college, then get some groceries after lunch. Might make fresh muffins as well, yum yum!

Other things to do: Check pricing on one or two new puzzles from Wrebbit 3D (Hogwarts Clock Tower, Titanic). And maybe I can find a poster or two of Emily Carr paintings after seeing a documentary about her work.

The sun is out here this morning so maybe a walk later. Being Easter Sunday, it’s no shopping for me today. It will be tomorrow. Today may be quieter but it is a busy week ahead as my car is in for servicung on Tuesday and to mum’s on Wednesday, Mum is home from hospital now, and I think she enjoyed the change of scene and so much attention. It’s sad to think of so many people living alone, especially at present, being so lonely and bored.

[quote quote=237331]The sun is out here this morning so maybe a walk later. Being Easter Sunday, it’s no shopping for me today. It will be tomorrow. Today may be quieter but it is a busy week ahead as my car is in for servicung on Tuesday and to mum’s on Wednesday, Mum is home from hospital now, and I think she enjoyed the change of scene and so much attention. It’s sad to think of so many people living alone, especially at present, being so lonely and bored.

[/quote]

I think so much emphasis is put on keepng people in their own homes but I know from working with old people that many feel their own home is just a glorified prison. They cant get out and they dont get visitors thats why day centers/ actiity centers and sometimes residential or supported living communities are so popular here.

My own mum said if she didnt go to dialysis 3 times a week she would basically see no one apart from my brother.

I think thats sad my mum is very social she would take to anyone so being shut away like this is awful for her.. Mind you even after shielding and such is over she wont be much better off because she cant walk much. However she wont move because shes been in her house since 1970 and she feels she cant make the change now.

Getting older is  a scary thing but we all have to face it.

happy easter, all

today I got a visit from one of my neighbours esther. she baught round a big easter egg for me and it goes quite nicely with the ones that I purchased for myself as well

yum!

I’ve been listening to some easter music too, gentle healer by sellah, and a few favorite christian songs

I was in the kitchen with my sister cooking: from 2pm to gone 5pm. It has been a long day. But now I am on my computer, working hard. I do keep busy.

Have a happy Easter everyone!

I’ve been on the telephone all evening! I spoke to three of my friends. I wished them a Happy Easter and just had a chat with them.

Friends do stick by each other: and I am glad to have people in my life who care. I shall definitely be meeting up with them after my two jabs. I guess all-in-all it’s been a good day!

I don’t want to abandon you but apart from the massive amounts of password resets…. I tried changing my email and no effect I think couldn’t login or…it says 404 page not found.. I’ve eventually managed to log in this morning but this is ridiculous the forum is now completely broken for me I can’t get in ,I can’t find the forum at all, I can’t post properly it keeps logging me out mid sentence.

I have got in via a roundabout route but am not sure what is going on here. The front screen says to set something but is possibly specific to certain browsers as I cannot find it and cannot get in via the main login. I hope people stay awhile as I would miss you. Love to all – I’ll be back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!