Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » Your April: The Monthly Thread

Your April: The Monthly Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

I got an email from Martin after I asked to delete my account, and it had to do with trying to stop the password request emails by changing things behind the scenes. I agreed to stay since there’s some response on that score. πŸ™‚

The login issues and forum downtime right now probably has to do with those forum changes. I would try logging in from within a thread if needed. Worked for me, anyway. Feel free to share your workaround, Jen!

I had a dentist appointment today! I don’t remember whether my last one was at the end of 2019 or the beginning of 2020, but either way, I needed a cleaning for sure! I switched clinics so I could stay near my neighbourhood and save on gas in the car (which needs filling up soon). The previous place had been a recommendation from someone in another city!

The dental clinic has amazing artwork by a local artist that I actually know! I went to school with her daughter. πŸ™‚ I’m going to buy two of the paintings on Friday. πŸ˜€ I’ll see if she has a website to share.

We watched a NOVA episode today about archaeology at Repton and Vikings. Very interesting!

Also, got in a walk in the neighbourhood. Rain came later! πŸ™‚

Pretty good day here. The boys had lunch out with their dad, and I used the time to do my online volunteering, leaving tonight for other computer matters. We got English workbook pages filled out, and the youngest found an exercise he liked so much that we did several pages’ worth.

They didn’t settle as easily after the lunch break, but we did get in a video and I was pleased that the youngest used his choice to pick Mister Roger’s Neighborhood. I have a lot of episodes saved, and we saw one from 1981 with an electric car! I had no idea they were making them back then, and I wonder if I saw that particular episode when it aired… Might not see another for a while, but it can’t be all documentaries and things that are fascinating to the 11 and 13 yr old but slightly boring for the 7 yr old!

We also finished reading one book before supper and one during the older boys’ storytime tonight. I count that as great progress! πŸ˜€

It’s interesting. My way of logging in Rebecca is via a thread but when I changed to the second page it didn’t remember me. Maybe due to not saving cookies??? It’s good to see a friendly face anyway (so to speak).

Apart from that April is rather cold at the moment. Roll on summer πŸ™‚

I just tried to look at another thread while still logged on but the connection failed. There is something major wrong here. There are no quote or like buttons either and everyone’s avatars seem to be gone. I will keep checking back. Keep well Rebecca!

[quote quote=237888]It’s interesting. My way of logging in Rebecca is via a thread but when I changed to the second page it didn’t remember me. Maybe due to not saving cookies???[/quote]I believe, it’s the age-old problem of auto-refresh not happening on page display.Β  When a page seems to “think” you’re not logged in, just refresh it (F5).Β  It should “recognize” you after a refresh.Β  That’s what I had to do with this page, BTW.

I just finished working on some site upgrades “under the hood” β€”Β things should start settling back in their rightful place now!

Thank you Martin. Things are looking far better today with normal login.

When I posted I did have to use ‘F5’ as Test suggested though as things went wrong.

A screen displayed this message:

<b>Deprecated</b>: get_option was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 5.5.0! The “blacklist_keys” option key has been renamed to “disallowed_keys”. in <b>/home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>5146</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5146) in <b>/home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php</b> on line <b>1329</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5146) in <b>/home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php</b> on line <b>1332</b>

Im in !Β  Oh my I had 404 page not found then messages that this site was unavailable then my browser tired to tell me it was unsafe. Then each time I logged in I was logged back out instantly.

spoke too soon

<b>Deprecated</b>: get_option was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 5.5.0! The “blacklist_keys” option key has been renamed to “disallowed_keys”. in <b>/home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>5146</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5146) in <b>/home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php</b> on line <b>1329</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5146) in <b>/home/femaleforumco/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php</b> on line <b>1332</b>

I got the same error, but I pressed my browser’s back button and found that things were displaying fine. I’m assuming the loading of a page here or there may give an error. Growing pains? πŸ˜‰

We had chocolate chip waffles for breakfast (Nature’s Path frozen, not my homemade ones) and we’re a bit slower than usual with our morning routine, but that works for a weekend with the kids at home. πŸ™‚ I’m going to bake muffins shortly, then we’ll get ready to head to the library after our morning snack. We used to go every week because the boys went through their books so fast and got a bit bored, but the loan periods were extended last year (doubled to six weeks) due to the pandemic, so we’ve stretched out some of our trips to weeks between. The oldest is done all of the books we signed out, though, so it could be a good time, plus we’ve definitely got the time to do it on this different weekend!

We’ll also fit in some kind of non-educational video (a video treat, you could call it, hee hee). And maybe we’ll start a book together or read more of Charlotte’s Web, which the youngest had asked for when we finished Babe

Thanks, Martin!

I have just filled in my journal. Actually, I keep my journal on my computer. I use a WORD document for each month and have all 12 months of the year in their own digital folders. Of course I do the same for the years. This is an example of what I mean:

2001 – Folder

January WORD Document

February WORD Document

etc.

2002 – Folder

January WORD Document

February WORD Document

etc.

I cannot be doing with a paper journal. It uses paper, it takes up room. For instance, I have 20 years worth of a journal. If I were to have that all on paper there’d be a massive box of books. Storing everything digitally is what I do. I also keep my accounts and spending sheets digital. I don’t buy CDs, either: I download them instead.

I love living in the 21st century and having my computer. Having my journal being digital is environmentally sound and just makes storing information so much easier.

Just my penny’s worth! I do hope I’ve inspired you to keep your diaries on your computer. Plus, you can design each individual WORD document. For instance: using different page colours, changing the fonts, adding photos. It is a designer’s dream.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!