Your Choice Of Morning Drink: Tea or Coffee?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Your Choice Of Morning Drink: Tea or Coffee?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

@cassandra

I to have digestive issues. There are more of us than its seen I believe. The silent sufferers if you like.

A while back I was Tested for lactose and gluten intolerance. Both found to be negative. Its really just a taste thing for me.

I was using L free milk for a while before the test and found I much prefer its taste as opposed to the normal milk and yes it much more gentle on the tummy as a whole.

They do mess around with the regular off the shelf milk and add to it in the belief that people prefer their modifications or are just not concerned one way or another. It’s worth googling to unearth its differences.

It’s much the same with Gluten. But that’s for a different thread sometime. I am also semi gluten-free by choice as opposed to needed to be.

2 users liked this post:

I sometimes drink peppermint tea to soothe and heal my tummy. I don’t all the time, but sometimes do.

Peppermint tea has properties that help the gut and digestion: if you’ve got digestive problems, this tea will help a little.

I sometimes drink peppermint tea to soothe and heal my tummy. I don’t all the time, but sometimes do.

Peppermint tea has properties that help the gut and digestion: if you’ve got digestive problems, this tea will help a little.

I think my issue is I have low stomach acid. I find apple cider vinegar seems to help it. I tried many different solutions but that seems to work the best. The doctors just put it down to IBS but that was because they couldn’t find anything wrong. The one thing however they never tested for was stomach ph. I gave up on them and started to try things myself. Diet, etc. So far that has been the thing that does seem to ease it. So that’s my conclusion as it stands. I think it’s maybe I tried to avoid salt whenever I could. Problem with that is salt is actually one of the elements to create stomach acid. Low salt intake = low stomach acid. So now I try to use more than I used to. But not too much for obvious reasons as too much is also bad.

I did have peppermint capsules. They do ease some stomach issues but for me personally, I never found them to do much. But have heard they can put stomach problems to rest.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Rowena.

I do wonder if I have a gluten-intolerance. Wheat has a very bad impact on my tummy: even the wrong cereal can react.

I, too, take peppermint capsules and they do work. I also take “Dida” [although I stopped for a while: I am back with it again]. This helps control the yeast and bacteria in the gut. They are not wheat derivative or fibre capsules, so they’re fine for me. I write this because wheat can cause an uncomfortable tummy and make you feel sick. If you are gluten-intolerant, then consuming gluten-free food products in your local supermarket is a good idea. I am not saying you have this – but if there is a chance you do – then buying gluten-free is the solution.

I do hope I’ve helped you, Rowena.

1 member liked this post:

Oh on the tea thingy I find it helps to have a caffeine free cup last thing at night as I sleep better.

I do wonder if I have a gluten-intolerance. Wheat has a very bad impact on my tummy: even the wrong cereal can react.

I, too, take peppermint capsules and they do work. I also take “Dida” [although I stopped for a while: I am back with it again]. This

Its brown bread for me. I just can’t tolerate it. Its can be such a pain sometimes when your out and you have a sandwich. All they ever do is brown bread. I just end up having either the salad or more often something I really shouldn’t. As I said I’m, not gluten intolerant but It just gives me terrible tummy upset.

Those Dida,s look interesting. I will look into those Thanks Kitkat

Oh on the tea thingy I find it helps to have a caffeine free cup last thing at night as I sleep better.

I find that I am usually so tired I just crash out lol

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!