Your favorite toys..

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  lisaann1213 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We all look back and remember the favorite toy, the one we treasured and played with til it fell apart..

I still have my moth eaten old teddy..and I remember having measles when I was 4 because I had a talking doll (expensive back then) my brother pulled the string too hard and it broke sending the string whizzing back inside her and she became mute..Sadly she lost her attraction when she lost her voice.

Not really a toy but I remember one Christmas my aunt bought me my very first bookcase I must have been about 8. I got a set of Enid Blytons famous five books to go in it and over the years that little bookcase became crammed with books until its shelves bowed and the glass door broke..
    From time to time I would take all the books out give it a good clean and then put everything back in alphabetical order then a few weeks later rearrange them by author then by publisher.

I had many joyful hours sat in front of that little bookcase..

What was your favorite toy the one you treasured and loved to death?

My absolutely favourite was (and i hate to call it by that name, but thats what it was in those days) my Gollywog – one of the characters from Noddy and Big Ears… I still have him sealed and packed away… occasionally I’ll pull him out to ensure the moths have not got to him!!! he was the only thing I truly loved to death… all the other toys I liked, played with, enjoyed the gifts as I got older, but never really attached myself to them really.

I must say my parents did very well with not letting me get hooked to one toy. The only one I remember hanging on to the longest was those glowing baby dolls, I think it’s called a glow worm doll. lol Yah, I never had a teddy I kept by my side, I had tons of them though.

Paddington Bear with a blue coat and little red boots.

I still have my scruffy old teddy that I got at an age I can’t even remember, all I know is I have always had him. other than that my favourite was tiny tears.

I liked the little people toys

I loved my Raggedy Andy doll. He slept with me every night. Perhaps i may get another one someday.

Attached files

As one of 8 to a widowed Mum, toys were not thick on the ground, I vaguely remember sharing a dolls pram with one of my older sisters, she used to put a doll in it & family folk lore has it that I either put the tortoise or the cat in when it was my turn for the pram! 🙂

These were a “toy” that I always recall being fascinated by as a child.

I used to set fire to rubbish left in dustbins.

In my day dustbins were metal, so they were not really harmed other than turned black.

The most fun was of course, when newspapers and the like were stacked in, or next to the bin.

I played with these matches, and set these fires off and on, all through my childhood.

I used to find them utterly fascinating.

I can still watch open fires, mesmerised.

I was rather stunned to discover from a friend who qualified as a social worker, that the local policy for childhood arseny of any child arsonist no matter to what extent was of severe reprimand.

If found guilty, they were always removed from family and put through the childhood criminal system.

When my friend, at her first discussion of this type responded: “Has anyone forgotten that fire lighting was fun?” She got some very frosty stares and the response.

SILENCE followed by:

“So we are agreed this boy having fun should be processed as per usual!”

I doubt if my career would have panned out as it has with that on my record.

Attached files

Crayons and colored pencils! I loved sketching and coloring when I was younger, both of my parents are artist and I pretended to be a fashion designer sketch up clothes.

I will have to think harder about what I played with when I was younger then that.

Ohh! I also loved to be on my bike, especially to meet up with the neighborhood kids and go on adventures.

As one of 8 to a widowed Mum, toys were not thick on the ground, I vaguely remember sharing a dolls pram with one of my older sisters, she used to put a doll in it & family folk lore has it that I either put the tortoise or the cat in when it was my turn for the pram! 🙂

I know what that was like not that we had that many in my family. Because I was small, I used to get my sister’s old handmedowns. That bummed me out, but my folks always tried to make it up by buying me my own toys at christmas and on my birthdays, and maybe a pair of pajamas and one new outfit.. Big toys and books we were expected to share.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!